Century egg with tofu and pork floss salad is a very traditional Taiwanese appetizer.
It is the perfect dish to serve on a hot summer day (^-^)
Two large pieces of soft/silken tofu, chopped into small cubes
1 century egg, chopped into small pieces*
1 handful of pork floss**
1 handful of katsuobushi (optional)
1/2 cup of chopped spring onion
1 tsp of Sesame oil
1 tbs of Sweet soy sauce
- Place the tofu cubes on a plate, then lay the century egg pieces on top.
- Sprinkle a handful of pork floss and Katsuobushi flakes all over.
- Drizzle the sesame oil, oyster sauce and sweet soy sauce evenly across the dish.
- Sprinkle on the chopped spring onion.
- Mix it all up before serving.
I highly recommend this recipe!! Not only is it very easy to make, it is also very tasty!!! Please do give it a try (^-^)
Small bits of Century egg and Tofu~~
*Century Egg – A Chinese preserved duck egg
**Pork floss – Chinese dried and sweetened pork, separated into very small fibre strings, with a light and fluffy texture.